Homophobia in Africa
- Alimi, B. (2015). If you say being gay is not African, you don’t know your history. Retrieved from <https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/09/being-gay-african-history-homosexuality-christianity>
- Awondo, P., Geschiere, P., & Reid, G. (2012). “Homophobic Africa? Towards A More Nuanced View”. African Studies Review 55 (3), pp. 145-168.
- Bolatito, LA (2013). “The Natural Law Theory of Morality and the Homosexuality Debate in an African Culture,” OGIRISI: A New Journal of African Studies, vol. 9 (1).
- Banner-Lover, R. (2017). Where are the most difficult places in the world to be gay or transgender? Retrieved from <https://www.theguardian.com/global-development-professionals-network/2017/mar/01/where-are-the-most-difficult-places-in-the-world-to-be-gay-or-transgender-lgbt>
- Cooper, J. (2015). Kenya’s anti-gay laws are leaving LGBT community at the mercy of the mob. Retrieved from <https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2015/oct/08/kenya-anti-gay-laws-lgbt-community-mercy-of-mob>
- Fletcher, J. (2016). Born free, killed by hate – the price of being gay in South Africa. Retrieved October 15 2018 <https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35967725>
- Kalande, V. (2014). Africa: homophobia is a legacy of colonialism. Retrieved from <https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/30/africa-homophobia-legacy-colonialism>
- Houttuin, S.(2015). Gay Ugandans face new threat from anti-homosexuality law. Retrievedfrom<https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/06/-sp-gay-ugandans-face-new-threat-from-anti-homosexuality-law>
- Library of Congress (2014). Laws on Homosexuality in African Nations. Retrieved from <https://www.loc.gov/law/help/criminal-laws-on-homosexuality/homosexuality-laws-in-african-nations.pdf>
- Lurink, B. & Maurick, M. (2016). Homosexuality in Africa: A Disturbing Love. Netherlands: Aspekt B.V.
- Meyers, C.(2015). The Moral Defense of Homosexuality: Why Every Argument Against Gay Rights Fails. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Murray, S.O. & Roscoe, W. (2001). Boy-Wives and Female Husbands. London: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Out LGBT (2016). Hate Crimes against Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) people in South Africa. Retrieved from <,https://www.gala.co.za/resources/docs/Free_Downloads/hatecrimes.pdf>
- The Guardian (2014). Ugandan Tabloid Prints List of Top 20 Homosexuals. <https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/25/ugandan-tabloid-prints-list-top-200-homosexuals>
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: